PureWow’s round-up of “30 Lazy Summer Dinners to Make Every Night in June” includes two mouth-watering recipes from Weeknight Society. Check out the delicious and easy-to-make recipes below.
Spicy Bean and Sweet Potato Tacos
Spicy bean and sweet potato tacos. They’re vegetarian and packed with protein, so it’s the perfect option for Meatless Mondays or Taco Tuesdays.
2 tablespoons butter
1 sweet potato, diced
1 onion, sliced
1 can black beans, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 teaspoon chipotle powder
2 teaspoons cumin powder
1 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
1 package soft tortillas
½ cup sour cream
1 avocado, sliced
1 lime, cut into wedges
1 bunch cilantro, chopped
1. In a large saucepan, melt the butter. Add the sweet potatoes and onions. Sauté until slightly browned, about five minutes.
2. Add the beans and spices. Cook over medium heat until the veggies have softened, about 10 minutes.
3. Smash the beans with the back of a spoon until the mixture has thickened slightly.
4. Scoop the bean mixture into soft tortillas. Top with sour cream, avocado and cilantro to taste. Serve with lime wedges.
One-Pot Orecchiette Ragu
It’s ready in 30 minutes, and there’s only one dish to clean after. Total win.
1 pound Italian pork sausage
1 cup chopped red onion
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 cup diced carrots
1 cup diced celery
3 cups chopped dino kale
1 pound dry orecchiette pasta
6 ounces tomato paste
1. In a large saucepan (at least 4 quarts), cook the sausage until browned. Remove from pan, reserving the rendered fat of the sausage.
2. In the same pan, cook the onion, garlic, celery and carrot in the rendered sausage fat until the vegetables are slightly softened.
3. Add the kale and cook until softened.
4. Add the tomato paste and 1½ cups water. Bring to a boil. Return the sausage to the pan and add the noodles.
5. Cover the pan, reduce the heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes.